Thursday, 1 December 2011

Post #3 - Ever considered Suicide?

I realised I said I'd make this post directly after my last but hey-ho.

I thought I'd talk to you about the concept of suicide. If you've ever considered the prospect of taking your own life for whatever reason, as I once did; the best advice is (of course) DON'T.

Although you may feel positively shit, the lowest form of life, the most fatalist of mind-sets, I don't intend to patronise by sugar-coating the situation and nor am I claiming to be an expert in this, the purpose of this post is just a way in which you can look at if you feel anything like this.
What helped me get back on track with my life were two things in particular: the loving support of my wonderful girlfriend who helped in so many ways and the simple but brilliant speech:

"Don't do it you daft bugger! I've been where you are mate. For years I've felt dreadful, I felt like killing myself. When I was 17 my mum died and in the morning I'd told her to 'fuck off', for years I felt dreadful - that stuff follows you around mate. Now you've got two options: you can jump and die and there's nothing more than darkness... or; and I know this sounds daft-I'm not a religious weirdo but you can peer round the corner and there might be hope... Look at you: young skin and bones; don't do it mate..."

That is probably the best way I can imagine of helping you feel motivated not to jump...

I hope this can be of some help to you.

faithfully,
T.W x

No comments:

Post a Comment